The Ten Most Bizarre Motor Insurance Claims
Every year insurance providers receive a variety of unusual claims, whether itâ€™s car, motorcycle or minibus insurance. Many involve animals, trees, or inanimate objects.
This article reveals the ten most bizarre and obscure claims, all from genuine sources:
1. One motorist was in such a panic when a wasp flew into his car and up his trouser leg that he hit the accelerator; unfortunately, also hitting the car in front.
2. Cows can be a problem. In one particular instance, a driver claimed that the cow jumped onto his quad bike, presumably by accident rather than with the intention of driving away.
3. In another incident involving a cow the driver described his experience,Â â€œAs I came over a hill, I hit a cow in the middle of the road, which then hit the bonnet and shattered the windscreen with its rear endâ€. Thankfully, the cow survived.
4. When driving close to a herd of cattle try to avoid their tongues. In a particularly bizarre insurance claim a motorist stated that the cows caused damage to his carâ€™s paintwork by licking it.
5. Cows arenâ€™t the only animal causing problems. A driver claimed that a reindeer fell onto the bonnet of his car. Thankfully it wasn’t at Christmas and the reindeer did not have a red nose.
6. When driving in Africa zebras can be difficult, especially if they intentionally collide with your car, as was the case with one claim.
7. Always secure your shopping bags when driving. One driver had the misfortune to find that a potato had fallen out of the bag and had become lodged under his brakes, rending them useless.
8. Bizarrely flying kebabs can be a hazard on the road. Apparently, a driver was rounding a bend when a frozen kebab flew out of his car, hitting a passing car and causing damage.
9. Thatâ€™s not the only frozen item causing damage. Another motorist claimed, â€œA frozen squirrel fell out of a tree and crashed through the windscreen onto the passenger seatâ€.
10. If flashed at by a speed camera try to contain your anger. One motorist, fed up of being snapped by a speed camera, decided to take his revenge by driving into the post that it was attached to. Unfortunately, the post was stronger than expected, causing him to write off his motor.
Each of these incidents illustrates the importance of having adequate car, motorcycle or minibus insurance. After all, you can never predict when a reindeer might fall from the sky or an unhappy cow exacts her revenge.